What to do if you have an accident

Stop as soon as you can

Always stop at the scene if you think your accident has caused:

  • injury to people or pets
  • damage to other vehicles
  • damage to roadside fixtures such as lampposts, fences and walls

When to call 999

Which emergency service to ask for:

  • if anyone needs urgent medical attention - ask for an ambulance
  • if the road is blocked or damaged - ask for the police
  • if someone leaves the scene without leaving their details - ask for the police

If you are able to please

  • contact us by phone to make us aware of the incident
  • complete an Accident Form found in the glovebox of your vehicle
  • take photographs of the scene if you have a mobile device

Pass your completed Accident Form us, and photographic evidence can be emailed to info@hilltopdurham.co.uk

If the incident occurs outside of our opening hours please leave a voicemail or email us and we will respond as soon as we can.